To be clear, a P.O. Box address will be provided so items can be collected by Ramsey's family. Once all items are collected, one package will be sent to Ramsey by his family. This will help ensure that he receives everything that he needs and isn't stuck without the ability to receive packages.
Also, once Ramsey is transferred to the Penitentiary he will not be allowed the same items. Many things will be released back to his family. the list of approved items will change based on the facility the State of New York decides to send Ramsey to. These changes will be updated as soon as possible on this website.
- *One Coat (Non-uniform, No Blue or Camouflage, No leather, "Carhart" "Dickies" or Bubble Coats, etc.)
- *One Suit Jacket (Non-Uniform, No Blue or Camouflage, No leather or "Carhart").
- *One Pair of Gloves (For outdoor cold weather, October-April). No work or leather gloves, knit type only.
- *One Hat/Cap (Non-uniform, no stocking type caps).
- *One Raincoat (Non-Uniform or reversible, no black, no camouflage and no hoods).
- ** One pair of Shoes or Sneakers, (No hollow chambers or platform soles, Converse All-Stars high tops, New Balance, Nike or Adidas sneakers or boots, to be used for on-trial court appearances or a significant family event. Shoes cannot have metal supports/shoe shanks).
- ** Two sets of shoelaces to be used for on-trial court appearance or a significant family event.
- Four sets of underclothing (In accordance with the inmate's sex unless otherwise approved by medical).
- Four pairs of socks.
- Two pairs of pajamas (men).
- One bathrobe.
- *Two sweaters/sweatshirts (combination) (sweatshirts - no hoods or pockets).
- *Two pairs of Shorts or Cut-off Long Pants.
- *Four pairs of pants (Non-uniform, no dark blue or camouflage).
- *Four shirts/blouses (Non-uniform, no white, dark blue or camouflage).
- *One Belt (Maximum 1 ½" wide, buckle maximum 2 ¼" x 2", Non-elastic).
- *One tie (No black) (male only) (Not allowed for inmates housed in mental health observation).
- Two handkerchiefs (white only).
*Items marked with an asterisk (*) are not allowed for any sentenced inmate unless he/she is scheduled for court or is going to attend a significant family event.
** Inmates are not permitted to wear personal footwear, except for scheduled on-trial court appearances or significant family events. Upon admission, all inmates are issued one pair of Department issued footwear. All inmates are allowed to have one (1) pair of personal footwear in their property, which will only be re-issued for scheduled on-trial court appearances or significant family events.
There is no restriction upon incoming or outgoing prisoner correspondence based upon either the amount of correspondence sent or received, or the language in which correspondence is written. There is no limit on the amount of legal material and law books or legal publications an inmate may receive provided that, as stated above, no package may exceed fifteen pounds (15 lbs.) and each package must be less than twenty-four inches (24") wide, twelve inches (12") high, and twenty-four inches (24") deep. Inmates may receive one cubic foot (12 inches X 12 inches X 12 inches) of non-legal printed materials, including soft and hardcover books, magazines, newspapers, periodicals, pamphlets, advertisements and other printed articles, in any combination.
Although we discourage inmates from receiving and possessing jewelry, inmates may receive the following items of jewelry.
- One (1) wedding band (no stones or protrusions - maximum value $150)
- One (1) religious medal (no stones, pins, or protrusions) if worn around neck, a thin chain no longer than 26 inches may be worn (maximum value $50)
- One (1) calendar
- Six (6) pencils (No erasers, no metal parts)
- Six (6) charcoal sketch pencils
- Two (2) erasers (gum, rubber, or ink)
- Three (3) composition books
- Six (6) pads
- One (1) pack of writing paper
- Ten (10) envelopes
- One (1) ruler (No metal or metal edge)
- One (1) portfolio (legal size, cardboard only)